Saturday, June 13, 2015

Bantu knots

What do I do when I can't sleep?

Bantu knots! Actually no I don't normally do my hair at 3:00 in the morning but I was up and bored and decided, eh why not? Or should I say knot? No? Never mind ha. 

I came across some Softee hair curling product in our bathroom. Months ago my moms friend gave us tons of hair products. We never got around to using any of it. I gotta say, she gave us real goodies. 


1. I sprayed my Aphogee leave in conditioner on my already dried curly hair. 

2. I used a wide tooth comb to detangle my hair (I just took sections of my hair into random parts, you can use a comb to part your hair perfectly, I chose not too)

3. It's not pictured, but I went ahead and brushed through my hair with a cent brush to smooth my hair out a little more.

4. I proceeded to use the Softee curl product. I add product differently all the time. I started near the roots and worked my way down this time. 

5. I went back over my sectioned hair with the product in it, with the vent brush to make sure I didn't have any frizz or knots. (The tiny teeth comb was just for the very ends to keep them smooth)

6. I proceeded to twist my hair, starting from the top all the way to the end. Eventually it becomes easy to create a little bun. 

7. Secure it with bobby pins if you like. How you secure them is up to you. 

8. You can chose to wrap your hair or sleep on a silk pillow over night.





So far I can say I'm loving the way the Softee feels! It's not sticky and didn't leave my hair feeling like it caked with gel. Smells really good and actually hydrates the hair. 




The Oyin home made burnt sugar pomade I used for my edges. Granted this whole "edges" or baby hair thing is new to me. So we shall see how it works for me. But the pomade smells like cookies! And it's got a waxy feel to it, but it's not thick or tacky like a wax is. It also adds a shine too. 

Well we shall see how my hair turns out!
Thanks loves xox


No comments:

Post a Comment